Best Dedicated Server Hosting 2020
About Dedicated Hosting
Before discussing and comparing various hosting servers, let us understand what Hosting servers are. It is basically like renting. They refer to a situation where an individual rents a virtual plot in the space of the internet for creating and developing his website. There are several servers from where you can create your website, but the servers mentioned below are remarkable in their features and are considered to be the best dedicated server hosting. If you need something more scalable alternative you should head over to cloud hosting to find all our offers there.
Hostwinds Dedicated Servers
It is one of the recent hosting providers launched in the market. Their features are remarkable within affordable prices. Though their speed and uptime statistics dip upon testing, yet its features and affordable range of price make up for it.
Uptime and Speed of HostWinds:
Upon testing, it was found that HostWinds had an uptime percentage of 99.47. It also showed 3 hours of downtime. This downtime can create a negative impact on the traffic and sales of your websites. All though, the team is working hard to improvise the downtime and it did show considerable improvement and reached up to 99.94%. The website has a speed of about 1200 ms which is kind of steady but not the best.
The support facilities provided by HostWinds are much faster than those of other servers. The responses of the queries can be expected to be received within a minute. Also, the answers were accurate enough to deal with the questions and finally solved them. Also, the answers were kept short and precise enough to get easily understood. Though live chat with the agents to choose the best plan according to the goals seemed pretty unsatisfactory, yet its quick customer support is strong enough to make up for it.
- HostWind came equipped with a RAM of 8Gb.
- It also comes equipped with 3.5 GHz CPUs.
- You can get access to as much as 1TB storage.
- One can get access to a bandwidth of 1 TB.
- All you can frame your plan and customize the features accordingly.
HostWinds are voted to be pretty cheap. The basic package can be availed for $106 per month. It also comes with an introductory package of $79.50 per month. They allow an amazing option to customize your plan. It also gives you the choice to choose several interfaces like Bandwidth cap, RAID, RAM, OS for registering your plan.
The introductory package can range anywhere from 1 to 36 months. Also, after the initial payment, the price can get hiked by 25%.
If anyone wants to get access to cPanel, it can be done by paying an extra of $35 per month.
A2 Hosting Dedicated Servers
Uptime and Speed: Upon speculation, A2 hosting was found to perform well. It has the best desirable speed which is expected in an industry i.e 248 ms. They have an average uptime of 99.96% which is decent enough. At maximum, its downtime can be approximately 15 minutes. But, the other features of A2 are so powerful that its downtime cannot shadow the usability of this hosting provider.
The features offered by A2 hosting are more than what is required. It offers a disk space of 1 TB. It includes a 10 TB bandwidth cap. It also involves a 3.1 GHz fast 2-core processor. Its 8 GB RAM is enough for those users who want to enable the quick opening of pages.
The support provided by A2 was really quick. Queries were responded within minutes and connecting to an agent through live chat is not a hard task to do. It is accurate and fast. Generally, the answers are 100% quick and are accurate in their domain. An individual may have to do more research to know more about the problem, but in all A2 equips the best agents to interact with their customers.
The pricing plan of A2 Hosting:
A2 hosting provider is the cheapest with the sum of $99.99 per month. It charges $39.95 per month for using its cPanel. Other features like site backups, catching may cost a few more bucks depending upon the choice. Also, in the case of renewable, there is a 17% hike in its price. It can go as high as $119.99 per month.
Bluehost is considered to be the cheapest of all and the best dedicated server hosting, but still, it does not compromise on its quality. Based on several tests, it is considered to provide the best support and help to its users. It also provides free backups which are very rare in the case of hosting providers. Excellent uptime and an impressive speed can be accessed via this hosting provider.
Uptime and speed:
According to several testing, it was reported that Bluehost has an uptime of 99.8%. It operates at a speed of 369 ms. Rarely any downtime is reported.
The team of Bluehost provides excellent customer support. Based on several tests, it was found out that connecting to a live agent took approximately 3 minutes and the responses of the queries were given within 2 minutes. The answers provided by the team are simple, genuine, honest and extremely helpful. The answers are extremely precise and always to the point. Bluehost provides strong customer support and queries get answered quickly in no time.
- It comprises a disc space of 500 GB.
- It also comprises of a large bandwidth cap (5 TB).
- It incorporates a RAM of 4 Gb.
- It also comes with a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Bluehost does not charge even if the traffic increases.
- It is considered to be one of the best dedicated server hostings.
The prices that are offered by Bluehost are astonishingly low. Their plans can be accessed for $79.99 per month. After the completion of the first month, the prices hike up to $119.99 a month. The services can be accessed at this price only if the user agrees on a long 3-year commitment. Monthly payments in Bluehost are quite expensive. They can be as expensive as $149.99 per month.
So, if you need the best dedicated server hosting within a limited budget, then Bluehost can be the best for you.
This was founded in the year 2000 to increase the average internet users. This hosting service provider is aimed to provide unexceptional service and domain names at affordable prices. Nowadays, the company claims to have over a million customers. With its unbeatable performance in service levels, Namecheap provides top-notch support and secures your data forever. The company believes in values like friendly, helpful, straightforward and helpful.
- It has a recorded uptime of 100% uptime.
- It operates on Supermicro, HP, Dell’s latest server technology.
- Every component of it comes with multiple redundancies.
- The pages are loaded extremely fast.
- Namecheap uses Cpanel to make the work easier for its users.
- It is extremely easy to upgrade.
- It comes with unlimited disk space.
- Daily backups can easily be done twice a day.
- It can include 100+ single click apps.
- For billing and support, it supports a single contact point.
- It comes with single contracts
- It comes with free migration of sites.
Different types of hosting plans:
- i) Shared Hosting: It comes with a total of 4 plans to choose from. Every plan comes with unlimited bandwidth. It can accommodate multiple email forwarding accounts, email accounts, databases, and autoresponders. It also includes a good amount of disk space. An unlimited sub-domain can be accessed via it.
- ii) VPS hosting: Every plan in this category can easily be upgraded. High support services and receiving answers are provided to the users. The plans get hosted on platforms which provide fast network and facilitate the quick opening of pages. Moreover, the plans ensure zero downtime, improvise the performance and assure stability.
Namecheap's Customer support and price:
- It provides a live chat of 24×7×365.
- Queries can also be submitted via emails.
- The queries are analyzed based on comprehensive knowledge.
- It also includes a forum where individuals can refer to.
The three plans and their hosting prices are:
- Stellar: For the stellar variant, the plan gives access to an unmetered bandwidth for one year for three websites at $2.88 per month.
- Stellar Plus: This variant includes a larger disk space and can be bought at $4.88 per month during the first year.
- Business SSD: This includes a disk space of approximately 50 GB. This is enough for 10 websites and can be bought for $8.88 per month.
Liquid Web is one of the most trusted hosting service providers which comes well-equipped with nearly perfect uptime. It also comes with an amazing speed along with a challenge of a “59-second support guarantee”. They fall in the price category of several other service providers yet they are superior in terms of providing the best features and involving the top-notch specs.
Its Uptime: The LiquidWeb guarantees a “100% quick uptime” in its advertisement. Upon testing, it was found that its uptime is more than 99.9% which is pretty impressive. Although it showed a downtime for 2 minutes, the overall uptime was more than expected.
Its speed: It houses an average speed of 658 ms. This may not be the best in the field of business but it is indeed better than the industrial level.
Upon speculation, it was found that Liquid Web did stand on its claim. The team responded to the queries in less than a minute. Thereby, they fulfilled the “59-seconds support guarantee” challenge. Also, its agent was found to be knowledgeable and was able to answer every question in detail. The answer was given in the simplest language which can easily be understood. Also, the agent cared enough to ask about the user’s plans and also suggested the best plans which would be suitable for them.
The Liquid Web servers are considered to be too good. Even one can get benefited from 480 Gb of disk space along with a bandwidth cap of 5 TB with the cheapest package. Even he can get access to a fast 4-core 3.5 GHz processor with a RAM of 16 Gb. The specifications are almost similar to other hosting providers except that it has a good clock speed with a bandwidth of 5 TB.
Also, Liquid Web comes well-equipped with fast customer support. If anyone opts for the package of above $1000, then he can get access to the live web architects. They can help in solving your problems instantly with proper explanation. This pack is generally meant for those enterprises which involve huge traffic and undergoes a lot of activities.
Though its pricing policy may look high as compared to other hosting providers, its business policy is mainly focused to help professionals who need the best performance. The price of the plans varies from an “entry-level” to a monstrous server which can be availed at $499 per month. The entry-level package can be bought at $199 per month. Also, Liquid Web charges extra money for using its cPanel. It charges an extra of $20 per month for this.
Also, if one is using more bandwidth than what he has subscribed for, then, in this case, he could also get charged. Therefore, it’s always advisable to keep a track of accurate traffic on your website. Also, the bandwidth does not exactly depend upon traffic. Bandwidth refers to the simplified usage of your page. For example: if one has a website of 2 pages with a traffic of about 1000 visitors per month, then he would be requiring a bandwidth of 1 Gb. It is also one of the best dedicated server hosting available in the market.
Want to get full control over your private server or want to have an out-of-the-box setup? Well, this hosting provider can assist you in every possible way. It comes with high-end data centers to deal with every issue. Its features are optimum enough to help you build your private empire. Its security is assured with every possible option and its hardware support is amazing enough to provide you with the required business support.
- Dedicated Server 1 (Entry-level) can be availed for $116.10 per month.
- Dedicated Server 2 (Enhances level) comes with at $170.10 per month.
- Dedicated Server 3 (Premium level) can be fetched at $242.10 per month.
- The Dedicated Server 4 (Enterprise level) can be availed for $323.10 per month.
Dedicated Server 1 (Entry-level)
- It comes with a dual intel version Xeon 5420.
- It comes with a Hard Disk Drive of 2 TB or SSD of 240 GB.
- It comes with a RAM of 16 GB.
- It also provides a bandwidth of 20 TB.
- It comes with 8 CPU cores.
- It also comes with 8 threads involving 3.1 GHz CPU clock speed.
- It comes with 1 free IP address.
Dedicated Server 2 (Enhances level)
- It comes with a dual Xeon 5520.
- It comes pre-equipped with a 3 TB Hard Disk Drive.
- It can also involve a 240 GB SSD.
- It comes with 24 GB RAM.
- It involves a bandwidth of 20 TB.
- It also involves 8 CPU cores.
- It comes with 16 threads along with 3.1 GHz or 3.7 GHz Turbo level of CPU clock speed.
- It also comes with 1 extra IP address.
Dedicated Server 3 (Premium level)
- It comes with a dual Xeon 5639.
- It comes with a 2×2 TB Hard Disk Drive.
- It can also involve a 240 GB SSD.
- It comes with 32 GB RAM.
- It involves a bandwidth of 20 TB.
- It also involves 12 CPU cores.
- It comes with 24 threads along with 2 processors of 2.26 GHz.
- It also comes available with 1 extra IP address.
Dedicated Server 4 (Enterprise level)
- It involves a Dual Xeon E5-2670.
- It comes with a 2×240 GB SSD type storage option.
- It involves 64 GB RAM.
- It also includes a Bandwidth of 20 TB.
- It involves 16 CPU cores.
- It includes 32 Threads along with 2 GHz or 2.66 GHz Turbo clock speed of CPU.
- It is also available with 1 free IP address.
More about dedicated servers
Nowadays, a lot of dedicated servers are striving hard to top the charts. They are highly proclaimed to be one of the best, fast and reliable servers of all time. The major feature which segregates the best server from the others is the level of customer support they provide. People may come through several segments of advertisement where every server proclaims to be the best and assures 100% customer support.
The customer support facility of the servers can be checked via tests. According to several tests, only a few servers touched the qualifying mark. Also, the choice of the best server depends on the user’s needs. If he needs the best uptime and speed, then he can go for those hosting providers which are proclaimed to be the best in this field.
For some people, data security may be one of the biggest challenges to encounter. In this case, individuals can opt for those servers which are highly efficient in this field. According to a recent survey, Hostwinds was voted to be one of those hosting providers that excelled in all its security features. With reasonable prices, the server was found to have a huge customer base. The support team is very experienced and quick enough to respond to every query of its customers.
Some people need features. They go looking around for the best RAM, CPU cores and threads, Bandwidth, etc. Here, based on our research we have laid down all the features that every server proclaimed to provide. By carefully going through the charts and tables mentioned above, one can analyze the features he needs and then refer to the servers accordingly.
In short, every decision must be taken based on the needs, requirements, and demands. Maintenance of a big server can involve a huge investment. It also costs one’s time. Therefore, rigorous research must be done before buying your server and building your website on it.
Always remember, to invest in those servers which are as dedicated as you are towards your website. Since servers form the building blocks of every website, ensure to invest in those which can come up to your expectations.
1) Who requires the best dedicated server hosting?
We all know about the benefits of dedicated hosting. Though it’s also true that it is not at all meant for all. If your website witnesses thousands of people every week or you happen to own your e-commerce store having a total of more than 30 products, then the dedicated hosting can be perfect for you. This means you are capable of investing in these servers and expand your business. If this isn’t the scenario, then you can go with cloud hosting or VPS hosting. They work equally well but with a few amounts of visitors per week.
2) How can one choose the best dedicated server hosting?
There are several criteria based on which one can choose his own best dedicated server hosting. They can be judged based on
- Memory: This is an important feature to look into. Individuals must be aware of the storage space that the server is promising to provide. It must be according to his requirements and must be enough to store his data properly.
- Bandwidth: This is also an important criterion to look for. Details about Bandwidth requirements must be googled properly before reaching a conclusion.
- Location of servers: Individuals must look for easy location of servers. This makes them thorough of the server’s history and can be a helping hand in solving their issues in the future.
- Number of CPUs: The plans provided by servers come with different numbers of CPUs. Look for those which aim to provide according to your requirements.
- If it is value for money: After investing, look into the fields if you are getting benefited by the plan. This will make it easy for you to come to a conclusion and switch your decision if needed.
- A guaranteed and good uptime: Look for the uptime features of the server. It must possess an uptime above the average industrial level. This ensures better productivity.
- Help and support services: This is the most important criterion to look for. A good help and support service can result in good connectivity of the agents with the users. It facilitates easy sharing of issues, problems and involves quick responses to one’s queries. Also, agents of some servers aim to help individuals in expanding their business by suggesting the plans that will be suitable for them. This initiative is impressive and ensures a healthy bond.
3) How much is the cost of the best dedicated hosting server?
The prices are unpredictable. On a general basis, they can range from $50 to $500 per month. The pricing plans of the servers have been mentioned above. They can be referred to in detail and can be compared if desired.
4) What are the other kinds of hosting servers?
The other types of hosting servers are VPS and shared. You can get a deep knowledge about them on our site.